Treaty 2 Territory – Officials continue to meet from the First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory (FNT2T) government with municipal governments within the Treaty 2 Territory.
Today, FNT2T Officials met with the City of Dauphin members. Included in the meeting from the City of Dauphin was the City Manager and the Economic Development office. FNT2T officials included the Senior Official, Directors from Collective Economic Development and Internal/External relations.
The agenda was;
- Presentation on the Government of FNiT2T
- Lands, Waters and Resources with in Treaty 2 Territory
- Collective Economic Development
- Update on activities within the City of Dauphin
- The City of Dauphin Economic Development planning
- Building a Relationship and Partnership
These topics will help move forward a positive relationship that includes dialogue on the economic front, bringing businesses to Dauphin and the Life Long Learning Lodge – Dauphin (University) which will be opening this fall. Lands and opportunities continue to be of interest by both involved.
A follow up meeting is planned in the near future with leaders from both FNT2T and the City of Dauphin.
Last modified: July 7, 2019