Treaty 2 Territory – Monday, June 15, 2020, today we have no cases of COVID-19 in our Nations in the First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory. Many of our Nations have restricted outside visitors to their Nations. Members of each Nation are asked to exercise self-isolation and not to travel out of their Nation if possible.
Many of our Nations have restricted outside visitors to their Nations. Members of each Nation are asked to exercise self-isolation and not to travel out of their Nation for non-essential purposes. Precautions in each Nation will remain in place to ensure COVID-19 does not enter their Nation. Members, please respect the rules and precautions your Nation has in place.
There are 304 cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba and 7 reported deaths due to COVID-19. 292 people have recovered, with 5 active cases. As of June 1st, 2020 there has been 54,381 tests for COVID-19 completed.
Please continue to providing safe environments for each other. Here are some tips for members of the FNT2T:
- Social isolate, avoid visits
- The province has announced openings of some services as of June 1st, 2020
- As of Friday, May 20th, gatherings of 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors will be permitted.
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently
- Cover your mouth if you have to cough or sneeze; sneeze into elbow or tissue but not into your bare hands, avoid rubbing your mouth and eyes.
- Self quarantine if you think you’ve been exposed or exhibiting symptoms
- Stay away from large gatherings, the maximum number of people recommended for gatherings is 10 people.
- DO NOT expose our Elders or those with weakened immune systems, people with diabetes are vulnerable.
- If you know someone that has travelled ask them to self quarantine and avoid spreading
- International borders are shut down so we could heed this directive at the local level. Many of the Nations have began this process with their entry ways in to their Nation.
- Social Distancing: protect yourself while out in public and maintain a distance of about 2 metres (6 feet) from others.
Schools across the Territory have been closed indefinitely.
Last modified: June 16, 2020