Treaty 2 Territory – The Policy Keeper is to coordinate, research, analysis, work on law development, agreements and implementation of strategic policies within First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory (FNT2T).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Researches, analyzes and evaluates new and existing policies, guidelines, quantitative and qualitative data and identifies existing, emerging and anticipated issues as well as to support inherent laws any other frameworks, proposal preparation, advocacy and/or developmental activities that will affect Local Nations in Treaty 2 Territory;
- Compiles various sources of information and data as required by the Lead of CFN and prepares briefing notes, reports, forms and templates and other documents as required;
- Conducts environmental scanning exercises and research in cooperation with other departments/divisions;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMTED TO:
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences and Humanities, Indigenous Studies, or a relevant combination of education and experience;
- Experience in policy analysis, evaluation and development;
- Knowledge of current events, political factors and issues of the day affecting FNiT2T;
- Excellent analytical skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to express ideas, negotiate and communicate effectively;
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe language and understanding of culture and tradition an asset;
- Knowledge of Share-Point, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom meeting functions.
- Start Date: 30 November 2020 (anticipated)
- Location: Government Offices
- Wage: Dependent on Qualifications
Please Apply by Wednesday 25 November 2020 (Cover Letter, resume, references):
First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory – CFN:
Administration – Human Resources
Box 1254, Lake Manitoba First Nation
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last modified: November 19, 2020