Treaty 2 Territory – The role of the Restorative Peacemaking Operations Keeper is to oversee all inherent law, policy development and operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Principal leader, primary function is with inherent law development, development of Anishinaabe restorative principles, administration and operations;
- Directs the overall development, implementation and delivery of Restorative Peacemaking in all aspects;
- Conducts negotiations, establishes partnerships with external entities;
- Ensures the work plan, proposals(s) to FNT2T Treasury and partnerships are completed in a professional and timely manner;
- Performs other related duties as assigned with the Government of FNT2T.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMTED TO:
- A masters degree in Indigenous Governance or Degree in Health, Justice and Social Sciences or administrative management degree or certification or a combination of acceptable combination of education, training, and a minimum of 10 years in management experience in the field.
- Experience in traditional healing programs, indigenous policing service models, court systems, inherent laws and policy development.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team player to effectively interact and facilitate discussions with elected officials, staff, media, service providers, policing and government agencies.
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe language and understanding of cultural traditional frameworks and values.
- Familiarity with Share-Point, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom meeting functions.
Please Apply by Wednesday 2 December 2020 (Cover Letter, resume, references):
First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory:
Administration – Human Resources
Box 1254, Lake Manitoba First Nation
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last modified: November 20, 2020