Treaty 2 Territory – The role of the Operations Keeper is to oversee the inherent right to govern our own Children, Family and Nation (CFN).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Principal leader of CFN, primary function is with administration and operations;
- Directs the overall development, implementation and delivery of CFN;
- Conducts negotiations, establishes partnerships with external entities, makes agreements on behalf of the work of the CFN and receives approval through the Government FNT2T and Council(s);
- Ensures the work plan, proposals(s) to FNT2T Children, Families and Nation and partnerships are completed in a timely manner;
- Accountable for the overall management of CFN and provides transparency and reporting as required;
- Performs other related duties as assigned with the Government of FNT2T.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMTED TO:
- Masters degree in Social Work (BSW), management degree or certification or a combination of acceptable combination of education, training, and a minimum of 10 years in management experience in the field.
- Knowledge of child welfare legislation, child welfare programs, inherent laws and policy development.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team player to effectively interact with elected officials, staff, media, service providers, and government agencies.
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe language and understanding of culture and tradition an asset.
- Knowledge of Share-Point, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom meeting functions.
- Start Date: 11 January 2021 (anticipated)
- Location: Government Offices
- Wage: Dependent on Qualifications
Please Apply by Monday 21 December 2020 (Cover Letter, resume, references):
First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory – CFN:
Administration – Human Resources
Box 1254, Lake Manitoba First Nation
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last modified: January 13, 2021