Treaty 2 territory – On 11 February 2021 the Governing Council enacted the FNT2T Treasury and Administration Law.
A contemporary economy and effective stewardship of our lands in the Treaty 2 territory is needed to develop economic, social and cultural sustainability to improve the quality of life for families, their nation, and the world.
The management of financial assets from Infrastructure, Programs, and Services (IPSs), Indian Moneys, and Trust Moneys are currently run by other agencies and governments.
FNT2T administration is necessary to manage territorial assets from our Lands, Resources and Waters. FNT2T Treasury and Administration Law is required to structure how accounts, assets and territorial lands will be managed.
The purpose of the FNT2T Treasury and Administration Law (FNT2TTAL) is to:
- Develop and manage the laws respecting the financial affairs and the conduct of Treasury and Administration.
- Provide the fiscal foundation and establish the financial basis for effective governance and administration.
- Provide for effective fiscal and administrative planning, management, and accountability.
Establishment of FNT2T Treasury and Administration will:
- Maintain a Treasury and Administration advisory Circle.
- Appoint the Treasury and Administration Lead Keeper and Helpers.
- Act on all matters related to operations and through the law and policies.
Last modified: May 17, 2021