Treaty 2 Territory – The Administrative Helper is primarily responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support for governance within the Government of FNT2T.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Maintains and manages calendar of meetings, gatherings within the governance for with FNT2T;
- Text correspondence, reports and other written material from drafts to final, voice and video recordings, dictation, taking notes with computer during meetings, overview of meetings;
- Computer, IT, video communication, maintaining electronic filing note/minute taking system through SharePoint and OneNote;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to maintain a team player mindset to effectively interact with elected officials, staff, media, service providers, and within government structure;
- Exceptional organizational and time‐management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines;
- Performs other related duties as assigned with the Government of FNT2T.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMTED TO:
- Grade 12 education plus a two-year secretarial, legal support or office administration diploma or related
- Experience, A diploma in office administration is desirable;
- Word processing, spreadsheet, PPTs, data base, email management, SharePoint filing, basic IT experience;
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, having demonstrated ability to work without supervision and a willingness to accept direction.
- Required to hold a current class 5 drivers’ licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe language and understanding of cultural traditional frameworks and values;
- Proficient at Microsoft Office, Micro Soft Teams, Zoom meeting functions.
- Start Date: 3 August 2021
- Location: Virtual during pandemic / Government Offices
- Wage: Dependent on Qualifications
Please Apply by Wednesday 21 July 2021 (Cover Letter, resume, references):
First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory
Administration – Human Resources
Box 1254, Lake Manitoba First Nation
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last modified: July 12, 2021