Treaty 2 Territory – The Finance Keeper works with the Treasury and Administration of the First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory (FNT2T) under the Administration Keeper. The Keeper is to organize and oversee the daily finances of the Government. The administration has a supporting role to deliver the yearly workplans set out by the Government of FNT2T.
The management area of responsibility for this administrative role is very wide, includes managing staff and requires thorough knowledge of the Anishinaabe Agowidiiwinan, Anishinaabemowin, and traditional balanced – Mino-aani-gidoowin governance.
The Finance Keeper reports directly to the Administration Keeper through the Treasury and Administration Circle with all levels of FNT2T government. The workload is driven by daily operational finances of the Administration. Blogging and Storytelling is very vital in this role within our government and is a requirement of all staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following tasks as assigned are:
- This is a Treasury and Administration role within the Government of FNT2T, and actively engages in weekly meetings with other senior keepers;
- Day-to-day financial operations of the FNT2T;
- Finance Keeper will be responsible for accounts payable and receivable, completing payroll with requisite deductions and employee benefits, financial document and filing, bookkeeping;
- Submitting monthly reports on accounting, making accurate monthly remittances, recording deposits to the General Ledger as well as processing payable cheques, providing assistance with annual audit working papers, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing, updating the internal database, and completing administrative duties related to the Finance;
- High performance creativity with balanced effective processes;
- Material and inventory management, oversee efficiency;
- Perform quality controls, create structures/processes and monitor productivity with financial keepers within the Circles;
- And any other duty that will enhance the operations of the Government of FNT2T.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Finance Keeper must possess the following skills and attributes:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma and/or experience in Finance/Accounting, diploma or 10 years minimum experience;
- The ability to train and coach staff within the structure;
- High performance analytical skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to express ideas, negotiate and communicate effectively; and the ability to analyze critically and suggest an appropriate means of action;
- Proven exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to maintain a team player mindset to effectively interact with elected officials, staff, media, service providers, and government agencies;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft software and applications;
- Highly motivated and ability to work in demanding and fast‐paced work environment;
- Exceptional organizational and time‐management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines;
- Self‐motivated and demonstrated leadership capabilities;
- Ability to blog, story tell and report on meetings and gathering;
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe language and understanding of culture and tradition an asset;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence and own vehicle; and
- Maintain confidentiality with a high level of accuracy regarding information.
Please Apply by Wednesday, 21 July, 2020 (Email resume and Letter):
Anishinaabe Agowidiiwinan—Treaty 2
Box 1254, Lake Manitoba First Nation – Email: email@example.com
Last modified: July 16, 2021