Treaty 2 Territory – The Human Resources Keeper works with the Treasury and Administration of the First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory (FNT2T) under the Administration Keeper. The Keeper is to organize and oversee the daily Human Resources of the Government. The administration has a supporting role to deliver the yearly workplans set out by the Government of FNT2T.
The management area of responsibility for this administrative role is very wide which includes managing staff and requires knowledge of the Anishinaabe Agowidiiwinan, Anishinaabemowin, and traditional balanced – Mino-aani-gidoowin governance.
The Human Resources Keeper reports directly to the Administration Keeper through the Treasury and Administration Circle with all levels of FNT2T government. The workload is driven by creating the link between the FNT2T Government and its employees. Blogging and Storytelling is very vital in this role within our government and is a requirement of all keepers / helpers (staff).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following tasks as assigned are:
- Ensuring all Human Resources duties are carried out in an appropriate, balanced, cost-effective, optimistic and safe manner;
- Government recruiting, interviewing, hiring of new Keepers and Helpers;
- Oversee employee policy systems, processes safe and best practices;
- This is a Treasury and Administration core function role within the Government of FNT2T, and actively engages in weekly meetings with other senior keepers;
- Work with the Treasury and Administration to strategize and keep digital records with the human resource aspect of operations;
- Supporting the FNT2T processes remain legally compliant through policies and procedures;
- Keepers and Helpers development and training, health & safety, employee and labour relations, compensation and group benefits, evaluations and personnel department;
- High performance creativity with balanced effective processes;
- Material and inventory management, oversee efficiency;
- Manage all Human Resources projects effectively;
- Perform quality controls and monitor productivity with all Keepers and Helpers;
- Create a Human Resource management plan through analysis and research within Treaty 2;
- Promote awareness and presentations on the history of Treaty 2 and FNT2T;
- And any other duties that will enhance the operations of the Government of FNT2T.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Human Resource Keeper must possess the following skills and attributes:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma and/or experience in Human Resources, diploma or 5 years minimum experience;
- Must have experience in working with employee policies;
- The ability to train and coach staff within the structure;
- Computer, IT, video communication and other technical experience;
- High performance analytical skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to express ideas, negotiate and communicate effectively; and the ability to analyze critically and suggest an appropriate means of action;
- Proven exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to maintain a team player mindset to effectively interact with elected officials, staff, media, service providers, and government agencies;
- Highly motivated and ability to work in demanding and fast‐paced work environment;
- Exceptional organizational and time‐management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines;
- Self‐motivated and demonstrated leadership capabilities;
- Ability to blog, story tell and report on meetings and gathering;
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe language and understanding of culture and tradition an asset;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence and own vehicle; and
- Maintain confidentiality with a high level of accuracy regarding information.
Please Apply by Wednesday, 21 July, 2021 (Email Letter / Resume / References):
Anishinaabe Agowidiiwinan—Treaty 2
Box 1254, Lake Manitoba First Nation – Email: email@example.com
Last modified: July 12, 2021