Job Title: Regional Office Nation Helper
Start Date: 6 December 2021 (anticipated)
Location: Regional Offices (Dauphin & Pinaymootang)
Wage: Dependent on Qualifications
The Regional Office Nation Helper (RONH) is primarily responsible to organize and coordinate local meetings and work with a Nation in the development of a local Nation governance constitution. The RONH will also support the organization and coordination for other meetings that are associated to local law development, relaying information to the members of the Nations. The RONH will work with and report to the FNT2T Governance Keeper.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Organizes, coordinates, and facilitates governance development meetings, gatherings, sessions locally.
- Supports the FNT2T Nations by facilitating, coordinating their meetings, gatherings, sessions, and recording and reporting their meetings.
- Supports and assists the FNT2T Government to develop outreach and communication strategies to facilitate community engagement, participation, and knowledge on Governance.
- Gathers data locally to identify and understand the status of a Nation and support the establishment of a Nation portfolio.
- Support meetings that involve in local law development by assisting their coordination and working collaboratively with other FNT2T staff.
- Participate in Training as required by the FNT2T.
- Work effectively with the FNT2T Peacemaking Framework, FNT2T Circles, and FNT2T Governance.
- Work effectively and collaborate with the Nations to develop Nation Law with leadership and members.
- Full communication strategy locally and for the territory.
- Communications and coordination for the local FNT2T Council representatives including all information, meetings, and gatherings.
- Travel as required.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Facilitation skills to lead meetings and provide information through public forums.
- Communication skills to ensure the information is flowing to members broadly on and off the First Nation.
- Collaboration skills to work cooperatively with others and offer positive support.
- Motivation and enthusiasm to engage members to get involved in the development process and participate in the meetings.
- Encourage members to provide feedback and be informed of the drafts and development processes happening locally and on the territory level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, primarily word, excel, and power point, etc.
- Open to learning and leading.
- Good time management and prioritizing skills.
Please Apply by 30th November 2020 (Cover Letter, resume, references):
First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory Office Email: email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last modified: November 23, 2021