December 20, 2021
Treaty 2 Territory – The Peacemaking Administrative Helper is primarily responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support for Peacemaking within the Government of FNT2T.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Maintains and manages schedules for Peacemaking Circle;
- Text correspondence, reports and other written material from drafts to final, voice and video recordings, dictation, taking notes with computer during meetings, overview of meetings;
- Maintains electronic filing system through SharePoint;
- Posts all keepers/helpers calendars knowing their workloads and workplans.
- Works with Finance/Policy to assure reports are submitted when required;
- Compiles and when appropriate, composes, types and proofreads; letters, memos, notice forms and all other necessary documentation;
- Prepares session packages, electronically and when needed in print;
- Assists in Local Nation Engagements;
- Arranges meeting locations, feasts, and agendas;
- Ensures the work plans, implementation plans, and reports to the Peacemaking Keeper are completed in a professional and timely manner;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Peacemaking Keeper and Peacemaking Administration Keeper.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMTED TO:
- Post secondary education in office administration; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered;
- Word processing, Excel, spreadsheet, PPTs, data base, email management, SharePoint filing, basic IT experience;
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, having demonstrated ability to work without supervision and a willingness to accept direction.
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions or decisions.
- Required to hold a current class 5 drivers’ license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Microsoft 365 Office, SharePoint, planner, apps, Teams and Zoom
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must pass a satisfactory criminal records check, child abuse registry check and
vulnerable persons check.
- Must maintain confidentiality in accordance with Government of T2T requirements.
- Must abide by the Lateral Kindness Law.
- Ability to travel required; a valid Manitoba driver’s license, and access to a vehicle; and
- Other duties related to the position may be assigned.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Cell phone allowance.
- Two weeks paid vacation during Christmas holidays.
- Excellent team to work with.
Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
- Start Date:10 January 2022 (anticipated)
- Location: Government Offices (currently remote working conditions)
- Wage: Dependent on Qualifications
Please Apply by Monday 1 January 2022 (Cover Letter, resume, references):
Ebb and Flow Anishinaabe Nation
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last modified: December 20, 2021