Treaty 2 Territory – The role of the Peacemaking Administration Keeper is to administer the Seven Circles of Peacemaking.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Leads in the implementation and administration of the 7 Circles of Peacemaking.
- Supervises the Keeper and Helpers of Peacemaking and Peacekeeping.
- The primary function is with research, draft, and consult with the Peacemaking Keeper and Lead Keeper.
- Provides notices and conducts engagement sessions with Local Nations, Keepers, Grandmother Council, and FNT2T Councils.
- Ensures the work plan, reports, and budgets are completed in a timely manner.
- Leads in the Capacity Building and Training in Partnership with the Earth Lodge.
- Attends meetings with the Peacemaking Keeper.
- Reports to the Peacemaking Keeper and performs other related duties as assigned by the Peacemaking Keeper.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMTED TO:
- A Masters or Post Secondary degree in law or a combination of acceptable combination of education, training, and a minimum of 2 years in experience in the field of law and justice.
- Knowledge of Law and Justice legislation, inherent laws, treaties, and policies.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team;
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe language and understanding of culture and tradition an asset.
- Knowledge of Share-Point, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom meeting functions.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must pass a satisfactory criminal records check, child abuse registry check and
vulnerable persons check.
- Must maintain absolute confidentiality in accordance with Government of T2T requirements.
- Must abide by the Lateral Kindness Law.
- Varied amounts of travel required within this position.
- Must have a valid Manitoba driver’s license.
- Must be able to provide own vehicle for work.
Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Location: Government Offices or Remote
Please Apply by Friday 25 March 2022 (Cover Letter, resume, references):
Box 200, Ebb & Flow Anishinaabe Nation, R0L0R0
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last modified: June 29, 2022