Treaty 2 Territory – The Policy Keeper under our Government of FNT2T is to coordinate, research, analysis, writing, work on law development, agreements and implementation of strategic policies within First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory (FNT2T).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Researches, analyzes and evaluates new and existing policies, guidelines, quantitative and qualitative data and identifies existing, emerging and anticipated issues as well as to support inherent laws any other frameworks, proposal preparation, advocacy and/or developmental activities that will affect Local Nations in Treaty 2 Territory;
- Compiles various sources of information and data as required, and prepares briefing notes, reports, forms and templates and other documents as required;
- Conducts environmental scanning exercises and research in cooperation with other departments/divisions;
- Engaging Local Nations, working with our Councils and Circles;
- Wiring briefing notes, blogs and stories;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMTED TO:
- Knowledge of official language of Anishinaabemowin and understanding of culture and tradition an asset;
- Degree or diploma in related field, or a relevant combination of education and experience;
- Experience in policy analysis, evaluation and development;
- Knowledge of current events, political factors and issues of the day affecting FNT2T;
- Excellent analytical skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to express ideas, negotiate and communicate effectively;
- Knowledge of Share-Point, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom meeting functions.
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Location: Virtual and Government Offices
- Wage: Dependent on Qualifications
Position posted until filled
(Email Letter / Resume / References):
Anishinaabe Agowidiiwinan—Treaty 2
Box 200, Ebb & Flow Anishinaabe Nation, MB R0L 0R0 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last modified: May 27, 2022