Employment Opportunity – Economic Development Circle Keeper
Treaty 2 Territory – Prior to entering into Treaty, our Local Nations had Inherent Rights which included governance and management of our resources.
FNT2T works with Local Nations enhancing their governance structures and economic development activities so that they may begin to move away from the Indian Act. FNT2T aligns itself and takes direction from the Local Nations through FNT2T’s Regional Offices and Local Nation Helpers. FNT2T leads collective economic development activities through local and territorial laws that pertain to business and economic development.
It is the responsibility of FNT2T, through the Nation Development Circle, to provide a good life, minoo-bi-maadiziiwin, as was the intent of our ancestors who made Treaty.
Duties and objectives:
- Provides oversight of the Economic Development Circle
- Ancestral Law Development
- Governance Structures
- Planning, Management and Administration
- Local Nation Membership and FNT2T Membership
- Develop, create and implement economic opportunities
- Land, resources and water management
- Management of economic development trusts
- Management of the Treasury (a Board made up of CPAs from each Local Nation to manage financial accountability)
- Other tasks as assigned
- Economic Development, Business Degree, or related field, a combination of experience may be considered
- Experience in community economic development
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team player to effectively interact with elected officials, staff, media, service providers, and government agencies.
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe language and understanding of culture and tradition an asset.
- Knowledge of Share-Point, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom meeting functions.
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Government Offices
Wage: Dependent on Qualifications
Please Apply by Friday July 6, 2022 (CV/Resume with 3 references):
First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory
Attention: Garry Mousseau, Human Resources Keeper
Box 200, Kakakwekejeong Anishinaabe Nation, Ebb & Flow MB R0L0R0
Email CV/resume to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last modified: June 29, 2022