Employment Opportunity – Health & Wellbeing Circle Keeper
Treaty 2 Territory – Health and Wellbeing means balance of the mind, body and spirit.
The Anishinaabek enjoyed their ancestral way of life prior to settler contact. Our ancestral diet and active way of life brought balance of mind, body and spirit. Natural Laws were in place for protection and preservation of good health. Achieving the good life, minoo-bi-maadiziiwin, was based on environmentally balanced way of living through seasonal access to lands, resources and water.
The Local Nation Members and Local Nations are still recovering and coping with displacement, poverty, lack of food security, crowded living conditions, addiction, violence, MMIWGT, lack of potable water, discrimination and lack of access to health and wellbeing services. FNT2T is assisting the Local Nations with restoration of health and wellbeing.
Duties and objectives:
- Provides oversight of the Health & Wellbeing Circle
- Law development
- Practicing and protecting the use of traditional medicine
- Practicing and protecting traditional healing practices
- FNT2T and Local Nation engagement
- Equitable standards of living to other Canadians
- Establishing agreements
- Cultural and language restoration
- Bridging the gap between belief systems
- Respecting diversity
- Unifying Local Nations and FNT2T
- Other duties as assigned
- Education in a health and wellbeing related field, a combination of experience may be considered
- Experience in community health, physical and mental health and wellbeing
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team player to effectively interact with elected officials, staff, media, service providers, and government agencies
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe language and understanding of culture and tradition an asset
- Knowledge of Share-Point, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom meeting functions
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Government Offices
Wage: Dependent on Qualifications
Please Apply by Friday July 6, 2022 (CV/Resume with 3 references):
First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory
Attention: Garry Mousseau, Human Resources Keeper
Box 200, Kakakwekejeong Anishinaabe Nation, Ebb & Flow MB R0L0R0
Email CV/resume to; email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last modified: June 29, 2022