Treaty 2 Territory, Employment Opportunity – Regional Offices Lead Keeper
The First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory (FNT2T) are working toward restoration of original governance and self-determination. Regional Offices within the circle of the Government of FNT2T will meet the current demand for the Nation-based Sovereign-based Government. The Government of FNT2T has started the process that all necessary actions are carried out in order to have the Tribal Councils within the Treaty 2 Territory join and be integrated into the Government of FNT2T structure under the Regional Offices so that we are all able to be unified and able to serve our Anishinaabek in a good and effective way.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Management of infrastructure, programs and services (IPS) directly to the Local Nations and people and out of Indian Affairs (ISC) and the Indian Act.
- Strategic planning and implementation of the Seven (7) Circle Laws
- Work directly with our Local Nations – Communication link to FNT2T Government;
- Work with Local Nation Helpers creating laws and support for law development;
- Capacity development through the Earth Lodge;
- Direct link for our Seven (7) Circles, committees and to our Local Nations;
- Work with Administration on budgeting and capacity;
- Align, liason, and communicate with Tribal Councils, CFS Agencies, and PTO’s within the T2T;
- Assist with the Infrastructure, programs and services (ISP) projects;
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMTED TO:
- Bachelors Degree in Indigenous History & Governance, management degree or certification or a combination of acceptable combination of education, training, and a minimum of 10 years in management experience in the field.
- Knowledge of Inherent Anishinaabe law and policy development.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team player to effectively interact with elected officials, staff, media, service providers, and government agencies.
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe language and understanding of culture an asset.
- Knowledge of Share-Point, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom meeting functions.
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Government Offices
Wage: Dependent on Qualifications
Please Apply by Friday 10 June 2022 (CV/Resume with 3 references):
First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory – CFN Circle
Attention: Garry Mousseau, Human Resources Keeper
Box 200, Kakakwekejeong Anishinaabe Nation
Email CV/resume to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last modified: June 6, 2022