INTERNAL CAREER OPPORTUNITY – MTN News Keeper
Treaty 2 Territory – Moccasin Trail News empowers our Nation, Territory and Government of FNT2T with a solid platform through print, digital, video, and online information from around the Territory. The MTN News Keeper is primarily responsible for managing the entire operations which includes providing informative news, notices, events, and gatherings to the local Nations within the Anishinaabek/Ininew Nation. Sales and promotions will be key to making such News process and platform a success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to maintain a team player mindset to effectively interact with elected officials, staff, media, service providers, and within government structure.
- Exceptional organizational and time‐management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Management, sales, and promotions of the MTNLIVE and MTN newspaper including all social media platforms.
- Performs other related duties as assigned with the Government of FNT2T
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMTED TO:
- Grade 12 education, post secondary certificate/diploma in journalism/broadcasting, or equivalent education
- Experience with management, journalism/broadcasting, and sales desirable
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, having demonstrated ability to work without supervision and a willingness to accept direction
- Required to hold a current class 5 drivers’ licence and access to a reliable vehicle
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe language and understanding of cultural traditional frameworks and values
- Proficient at Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, digital broadcasting platform, sound and video editing, digital graphics, basic IT functions/troubleshooting
Start Date: TBD
Location: Treaty 2 Territory Nations and T2T Government Offices
Wage: Dependent on Qualifications
Please Apply by August 5, 2022 (Cover Letter, resume, references):
Moccasin Trail News Inc.
Administration – Human Resources
Box 200, Ebb and Flow Anishinaabe Nation, R0L0R0
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last modified: August 2, 2022