Our Government of First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory Councils are mandated by Resolution 2019-08-07-001. Councils are sanctioned to meet within the Treaty 2 Territory.
BE IT RESOLVED the suggested revised FNT2T Government structure is accepted by the FNT2T Governing Council as presented in order to build a structure that restores our original ancestral structures through decolonization.
Moved by Chief Garnett Woodhouse, Pinaymootang First Nation Seconded by Chief Cornell Mclean, Lake Manitoba First Nation. Signed by the Council of Chiefs of the First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory on 7th day of August, 2019.
- Grand Council meets once a year – 26/27 August 2020
- Governing Council meets four (4) times a year
- Executive Council meets bi-weekly
- Chiefs Council meets monthly 3rd week Thursday
- Knowledge Council meets monthly 1st Week Wednesday
- Women Council meets monthly 4th week around the 25th
- Men Council meets monthly – 2nd week Thursday
- Youth Council meets monthly – 2nd week Tuesday