First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory
The formation of First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory (FNT2T) was on 12 June 2018 at Lake Manitoba First Nation. At the Councils Assembly, the Council of Chiefs of the collective, after considering the complexities of the situation, the Council of Chiefs has formed the Government of First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory.
The formation of the collective Nation, Government and Territory consisting of First Nations with in Treaty 2 Territory. The collective is initiated by the Treaty 2 Nations and may include First Nations who had entered into Treaty 1, 4 and 5 and non-treaty Nations.
The Territory includes Anishinaabe, Cree, Dakotas Nakota and other cultures and languages.
Our current Members of the FNT2T Government are:
- Dauphin River First Nation
- Ebb and Flow First Nation
- Gambler Treaty 4 Nation
- Keeseekoowenin Ojibway Nation
- Lake Manitoba First Nation
- Lake St. Martin First Nation
- Little Saskatchewan First Nation
- O-Chi-Chak-Ko-Sipi First Nation
- Pinaymootang First Nation
- Skownan First Nation
- Tootinaowaziibeeng Treaty 4 Nation
Resolution 2018-06-12-006 – Government of First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory
Resolution 2018-11-19-001 – Welcoming Gambler – Government FNiT2T
Resolution 2018-11-19-002 – Welcoming Tootinaowaziibeeng – FNiT2T