Internal and External Relations
Treaty 2 Territory – Internal and External Relations means FNT2T assisting Local Nations with restoring their internal and external communications in a contemporary and diverse manner.
The Anishinaabek had mechanisms that managed internal and external communications that recognized the importance of inclusion, this was interrupted and replaced by the Indian Act band council system. FNT2T is implementing a traditional way of governance which includes internal and external communications.
Objectives of Internal and External Relations:
• Ancestral Law Development
• Engagement with Local Nations, FNT2T and other governments
• Traditional Knowledge
• Education and awareness
• Restore ancestral systems
• Bridging of diverse views
• Protection of communication including intellectual property
FNT2T Internal and External Relations Circle has an overall strategic plan which is:
- educational programs, activities and materials about our Inherent Rights and relationships;
- informing parliamentary and legislative colonial processes regarding Local Nations’ and FNT2T’s views on proposed legislation;
- liaison between Circles;
- communications link between the Local Nations and FNT2T;
- work with Regional Offices; and
- awareness and presentations on the history of Treaty 2 and FNT2T to towns, rural municipalities and schools within the territory.
The Local Nations and FNT2T who are the Inherent Rights holders require capacity to effectively restore and maintain healthy internal and external relations that supports FNT2T’s objectives.
Governing Council Portfolio – Chief Norman Bone, Keeseekoowenin Anishinaabe Nation
Ray Mousseau, Operations Keeper – 204.638.3797 Ext 1002 Direct Line: 431.977.0617
Marlene Davis, Communications Keeper – 204.638.3797 Ext 1007 Direct Line: (431) 977.0676
Darlene Woodhouse, Regional Office Pinaymootang – 204.638.3797 Ext 1010
Scott Lynxleg, Regional Office Dauphin – 204.638.3797 Ext 1009
Allen Sutherland, Lodge Keeper – 204.638.3797 Ext 1006
Renee McGurry, Development Keeper – 204.638.3797 Ext 1006
Last updated – 23 December 2020