The Knowledge Council provides recommendations and guide the Governing Council and other Councils in their deliberations. The Knowledge Holders/Keepers participate at all meetings to give their needed and valued guidance.
Governance review and order will come from the Knowledge Council. The Council will assure we are following ancestral and modern laws and customs to move our Nation forward.
The Knowledge Council is made up of one (1) appointed member from each Local Nation within First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory. The Knowledge Council are appointed by their Local Nation. The Chairperson of the Council is part of the Governing Council.
The Knowledge Council with their guidance assists the Government of FNT2T with the Anishinaabe Mediation and Conflict Protocol as per Resolution 2020-09-03-005.
The Knowledge Council also service as the College for Accreditation. The Life Long Learning Circle and Lodge works with the Knowledge Council to move FNT2T’s self governing process forward.
- Ebb & Flow: Louie Malcolm (Chair)
- Dauphin River: Emery Stagg
- Gambler: Angela Tourond
- Keeseekoowenin: Dwayne Blackbird
- Lake Manitoba: Dwight Paul
- Lake St. Martin: Clarence Morse (Vice Chair)
- Little Saskatchewan: Earl Sinclair
- O-Chi-Chak-Ko-Sipi: Wallace Ahmo
- Pinaymootang: Wilma Prince
- Skownan: Elsi Marsden
- Tootinaowaziibeeng: Garth Ironstand