The Knowledge Council provides recommendations and guide the Governing Council and other Councils in their deliberations. The Knowledge Holders/Keepers participate at all meetings to give their needed and valued guidance.
Governance review and order will come from the Knowledge Council. The Council will assure we are following ancestral and modern laws and customs to move our Nation forward.
The Knowledge Council is made up of one (1) appointed member from each Local Nation within First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory. The Knowledge Council are appointed by their Local Nation. The Chairperson of the Council is part of the Governing Council.
The Knowledge Council with their guidance assists the Government of FNT2T with the Anishinaabe Mediation and Conflict Protocol as per Resolution 2020-09-03-005.
The Knowledge Council also service as the College for Accreditation. The Life Long Learning Circle and Lodge works with the Knowledge Council to move FNT2T’s self governing process forward.
The Grand Council is scheduled for 24/25 August, 2021 at Ebb and Flow Anishinaabe.
Our regular schedule is as follows;
- Wednesday 9 June 2021
- Wednesday 14 July 2021
- Wednesday 11 August 2021
- Tuesday/Wednesday 24/25 August 2021 @ 10am
- Wednesday 15 September 2021
- Wednesday 13 October 2021
- Wednesday 10 November 2021
- Ebb & Flow: Louie Malcolm (Chair)
- Dauphin River: Emery Stagg
- Gambler: Angela Tourond
- Keeseekoowenin: Dwayne Blackbird
- Lake Manitoba:
- Lake St. Martin: Clarence Morse (Vice Chair)
- Little Saskatchewan: Earl Sinclair
- O-Chi-Chak-Ko-Sipi: Wallace Ahmo
- Pinaymootang: Wilma Prince
- Skownan: Elsi Marsden
- Tootinaowaziibeeng: Garth Ironstand