The role of the Nation and Economic Development Circle is to support the member local Nations establish both a Territorial and a Nation specific governance structure that will support them to move beyond the Indian Act regime. To reach these objectives, the following is planned:
- Member Local Nation First Law (Constitution)
- FNT2T First Law (Constitution)
The process of development continues to be conducted with leadership, elders, nation members and the youth. Engagement sessions held locally and on a territory level with the intention to inform the people and receive recommendations for further development.
As this is an opportunity for the people to design their own governance structure, it is important to be involved and active. Please join us at these sessions and bring your recommendations!
The Law-making of Nation Development through the FNT2T Regional Office is working on:
- law Development – Local Nations and FNT2T Onankonehkawin (first law/constitution) and Ohnushsheewehwiin (secondary laws);
- coordination with Local Nation Helpers on yearly workplan development;
- communication which includes website development, blogging and posting of stories;
- engagement strategy with Local Nations and FNT2T including open houses, kitchen tables sessions, regional meetings;
- capacity building and training through the Life Long Learning Lodge;
- sovereignty workshops and sessions to bring FNT2T together;
- Nation Development training for Local Nation Helpers;
- continued training in constitutional development and law making;
- Comprehensive Nation Planning; and
- introduction of FNT2T Government to Local Nation agencies and service providers.
Updated: 17 July 2020