The Anishinaabe Nation of Treaty 2 territory is advancing through Inakonegawin (Law-making process). Onankonehkawinan are being established to govern the territory and Nation. Each Local Nation will have the opportunity to tie in their own laws and lands with the Anishinaabe Nation of the territory.
Our current laws passed:
- First Law – Ancestral Custom Law – Our Pipes / Lodges / Connecting to our Lands
- AA-T2 Onankonehkawin (First Written) (2016)
- Life Long Learning (Education Act) Law (2018)
- Environmental – Land and Water Protection Law (Act 2018)
- Consultation and Accommodation Law (Act 2018)
- Treasury and Administration (2021)
“We have our laws, our constitution is our pipe, lodges and land”,
- Onankonehkawin (Revisions from AA-T2) (2021)
- Aki Onankonehkawinan (2021)
- CFN Mino Ombigii’aa Onankonehkawinan (2021)
- Daabandaagoziiwin Onankonehkawinan (Citizenship) (2021)
- Life Long Learning Onankonehkawinan (Revision( (2021)
- Peacemaking Onankonehkawinan (2021)
- Treasury and Administration Onankonehkawinan (2021)
The vision that the Anishinaabe Peoples of Treaty 2 Territory have is to act ethically with the highest honour in personal and professional conduct in accordance with the supreme principle of Wiisaakodaadiiwin, (Unity). While maintaining the understanding that there may be deliberations in the law making process and contributions made by every lead spokesperson that is viewed as an expert in this area is necessary.
The sacred reciprocity and connection to our ancestors and leaders before us is also recognized in this spiritual realm as Giizhibaabwewin. In that we value everyone that is part of the everlasting circle and ensacred connection to our identity as Anishinaabe peoples.