The Men Council advise, and make recommendations concerning the Life Long Learning Circle and Restorative Peacemaking along with being part of the Law-Making body of The Nation through the Governing Council.
With the guidance and support of our men we will be able to ensure our people and local Nations are provided the tools of learning in order for individuals to carry out their life purpose in a successful and meaningful way.
The Men Council is made up of one (1) appointed member from each Local Nation within First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory. The Chairperson of the Council is part of the Governing Council.
The Grand Council is scheduled for 24/25 August, 2021 at Ebb and Flow Anishinaabe.
Our regular schedule is as follows;
- Wednesday 19 May 2021@ 10am
- Wednesday 17 June 2021@ 10am
- Grand Council 24/25 August 2021@ 10am
- Thursday 16 September 2021@ 10am
- Thursday 1 October 2021@ 10am
- Thursday 18 November 2021@ 10am
Our Mens Council:
- Ebb & Flow: Darren Mousseau (Chair)
- Dauphin River: Leo Sumner
- Gambler: Patrick Tanner
- Keeseekoowenin: Barry Bone
- Lake Manitoba:
- Lake St. Martin: Jules beardy
- Little Saskatchewan: Leroy Thompson (Vice Chair)
- O-Chi-Chak-Ko-Sipi: Trevor McDonald
- Pinaymootang: Ted Woodhouse
- Skownan: Ken Catcheway
- Tootinaowaziibeeng: Shane Lynxleg