It is the responsibility of FNT2T, through the Nation Development Circle, to provide a good life, Minoo-Bi-Maadiziiwin, as was the intent of our ancestors who made Treaty. Prior to entering into Treaty, our Local Nations had Inherent Rights which included governance and management of our resources.
FNT2T works with Local Nations enhancing their governance structures and economic development activities so that they may begin to move away from the Indian Act. FNT2T aligns itself and takes direction from the Local Nations through FNT2T’s Regional Offices and Local Nation Helpers. FNT2T leads collective economic development activities through local and territorial laws that pertain to business and economic development.
Objectives of the Nation Development:
• Ancestral Law Development
• Governance Structures
• Planning, Management and Administration
• Local Nation Membership and FNT2T Membership
• Infrastructure and Housing
Objectives of Economic Development:
• Develop, create and implement economic opportunities
• Land, resources and water management
• Management of economic development trusts
• Management of the Treasury (a Board made up of CPAs from each Local Nation to manage financial accountability)
Our three areas under our Circle is:
Resources continue to be extracted in Treaty 2 Territory without the consent of the Local Nations and FNT2T.
Darlene Woodhouse, Keeper Regional Office Pinaymootang – 204.638.3797 Ext 1010
Scott Lynxleg, Keeper Regional Office Dauphin – 204.638.3797 Ext 1009
Marlene Davis, Special Projects Regional Offices – 204.638.3797 Ext 1009
Last Update: 27 August 2020