Pinaymootang First Nation
The geographically separate second part of the Fairford 50 reserve is located on Dunsekikan Island (51°37′26″N 98°26′32″W) in Lake St. Martin, and is about ten miles east of the main section of the reserve.
The registered population on Fairford 50 is about 1300 people while an additional 1600 live in various other locations. The 2011 Census showed an official population of 989 persons living at Fairford 50.
Fairford Settlement, Pinaymootang (Partridge Crop), was the site where fur trader Duncan Cameron (1764-1848) wintered in 1795-96, east of Lake Manitoba, on the Partridge Crop River. Rev. Abraham Crowley (1816-1877) established a mission at Partridge Crop where a store and church were built on the river about two miles from the lake. He left Fairford in 1854. In 1846, Metis trader John Richards McKay was posted at Partridge Crop for two years. The Hudson’s Bay Company operated the Fairford Post from 1871 to 1913.