The Youth Council advise and make recommendations with all seven (7) Circles with a focus on sports, recreation and youth along with being part of the Law-Making body of the Nation through the Governing Council.
The First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory recognize the youth as a priority and vital contributors to The Nation, Territory and Government.
The Youth Council is made up of one (1) appointed member from each Local Nation within First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory. Each representative will assist in forming and is the chairperson of their Local Nation Youth Council.
The Chairperson of the Youth Council, who is appointed by the Youth Council is part of the Governing Council. The Youth Council presently meets every fourth Thursday of each month at 10am on Microsoft Teams. From time to time a special meeting may be called to meet with other Councils, Administration and Circles.
Under Sport; With time, annual recognition, leagues and both summer and winter games alternating years will be organized. Funds will be used from the levies that are collected from industry using our resources outside of immigration and settlement in our territory.
The Youth Council act as the general authority of the Winter and Summer Games within the Treaty 2 Territory.
The Grand Council is scheduled for 23-24 August, 2022 at Ebb and Flow Anishinaabe.
Our regular schedule is as follows;
- Wednesday 23 February 2022
- Wednesday 23 March 2022
- Wednesday 27 April 2022
- Wednesday 25 May 2022
- Wednesday 22 June 2022
Our current Youth Council is:
- Kakakwekejeong (Ebb & Flow): Tyrone Desjarlais
- Kithithkatchewanang (Dauphin River): Stephen Thompson
- Attagewiniing (Gambler): Madison Tanner
- Keeseekoowenin: Cadena Brazeau
- Animozeebeeng (Lake Manitoba): Geoff Edwards
- Obushkudayang (Lake St. Martin): Kyle Menard
- Little Saskatchewan: Ashanti Anderson
- O-Chi-Chak-Ko-Sipi: Evan Lacquette
- Pinaymootang: Kristian Stagg
- Skownan: Ruth Nepinak
- Tootinaowaziibeeng: Erich Shingoose
Last updated 31 January 2022