Treaty 2 Territory – The Research Helper conducts the research to support the process of the Local Nations and Territorial laws for the protection, prevention and care of children and their families also works within our FNT2T Lodge.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- The Helper will assist in the developmental process within the inherent right to govern and work with our Children, Families and Nation and FNT2T Lodge;
- Research inherent laws and traditional family kinship models;
- Identify, analyze and connect the CFS system currently in place and bring forward recommendations for further growth and development;
- Assists in the development of establishing new forms of child protection, prevention, and care, family healing and wellness;
- Perform other related duties as assigned with the Government of FNT2T.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMTED TO:
- Diploma or certificate and/or work experience in Nation (community) development or similar;
- Experience in research, writing, community development, and data analysis;
- Facilitation skills and experience working/interacting with First Nations;
- Anishinaabe language and understanding of community culture an asset;
- Start date: Will discuss during ZOOM interview
- Job/Office location: Regional Offices – Treaty 2 Territory (Pinay or Dauphin)
- Wage: Discussed at interview process
Please Apply by Monday 18 January 2021 (Letter and resume):
First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory – CFN:
Box 1254, Lake Manitoba First Nation
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last modified: February 8, 2021