Treaty 2 Territory – The Children Families and Nation (CFN) Engagement Helper primary responsibility is to connect Local Nations, current agencies, Regional Offices and Government of FNT2T. The Engagement Helper provides strategic and culturally relevant communications planning support to First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Maintains a professional working relationship with Local Nations, agencies and regional offices;
- Assists with the coordination of virtual workshops, meetings, ceremonies and other events for publicity and information purposes to build and promote public awareness;
- Prepares and distributes media‐related materials, blogs, stories, hosting of virtual broadcasts;
- Assists and understands development of establishing new forms of child protection, prevention, re-unification, family healing and wellness in an inherent law context;
- Performs other related duties as assigned with the Government of FNT2T.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMTED TO:
- Post‐secondary degree or diploma in public or media relations, communications, journalism, marketing or related field or equivalent work experience;
- Exceptional organizational and time‐management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines;
- Excellent self-motivated interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team player to effectively interact and facilitate discussions with elected officials, staff, media, service providers, policing and government agencies;
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe language and understanding of cultural traditional frameworks and values;
- Proficient at Microsoft Office, Micro Soft Teams, Zoom meeting functions.
- Start Date: Will discuss during ZOOM interview
- Location: Virtual during pandemic – Report to Regional Office
- Wage: Dependent on Qualifications
Please Apply by Monday 24 May 2021 (Cover Letter, resume, references):
First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory
Administration – Human Resources
Box 1254, Lake Manitoba First Nation
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last modified: May 15, 2021