Treaty 2 Territory – The Summer Student in Communications and MTNews primarily responsible for providing support within the Communication sector of Administration and support with MTNews. Two major events this summer is the Treaty 150 at Manitoba House and Grand Council at Kakakwekejeong (Ebb and Flow) Anishinaabe.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist with the coordination of workshops, conferences, meetings, ceremonies and other events for publicity and information purposes;
- Maintain a working relationship with Anishinaabe Agowidiiwinan –Treaty 2 with regards to the preparation of communications‐related products. This may include working with Local Nation representatives and communications and internal/external relations;
- Coordinates the display and printing of advertisements
- Researches, Prepares and distributes media‐related materials.
- Works with MTNews on video production, interviews, sessions and promoting online media;
- Web content writing and publishing to all social media sites;
- Post blogs and stories of councils, governmental and administrative work;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMTED TO:
- Minimum Grade 10 or post-secondary and currently enrolled in school for the fall;
- Microsoft 365 Office, SharePoint, planner, apps, Teams and Zoom
- Word processing, spreadsheet, PPTs, data base, email management, SharePoint filing, basic IT experience, video production and understanding media;
- Proven exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time‐management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Self‐motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Required to hold a current class 5 drivers’ licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
Please Apply by Wednesday, 21 July, 2021 (Email Resume and Letter):
Anishinaabe Agowidiiwinan—Treaty 2
Box 1254, Lake Manitoba First Nation
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last modified: November 9, 2021