The Government of FNT2T process of accountability begins with finance and budget controls.
The finance and treasury law are frameworks that support and guide the functions of FNT2T operations fiscal planning, finance management, and economic analysis within Treaty 2 Territory. The Government of FNT2T and its Circles provide overall budgeting in accounting and reporting on operations each fiscal year utilizing auditing standards and best practices.
Finance is also responsible for information management of the government’s cashflow and ensuring that we have the information needed to plan and control operations. Finance performs an essential resource of revenue formulas to achieve economic sovereignty of Treaty 2 Territory.
Moving forward, finance works collaboratively with Keepers to prepare budgets, financial statements and forecasting to meet reporting requirements and achieve successful workplans.
Our governing structure includes the Anishinaabe Agowidiiwinan Secretariat and the foundation of our Circles.
Finance current roles and responsibilities:
- Economic analysis and management
- Financial control and administrative support
- Internal control and cash management
- Internal and external auditing of funds
- Manage and organize the flow of funds
- Organize and manage finances
- Prepare and plan budget documents and quarterly updates
- Creation of a new data base and support
Finance is one of the four key areas in administration of Anishinaabe Agowidiiwinan – Treaty 2 and the Government of First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory.
Latest Update: 27 July 2020